Voices of the Valley Scholarship Program
Includes the following for one academic year (September – June) of membership.
- Membership fees
- Music as required for the performance repertoire for that season (To be kept by scholarship winner at the conclusion of the season)
- One recording of the December and April concert series
- Concert attire, not including footwear. (Must be returned at the conclusion of the scholarship term.)
- Letter of recommendation and recognition, from the ensemble, attesting to the participant’s work with Voices of the Valley
- The applicant must be a full-time student, in good standing, in a high school recognized by the Department of Education in Pennsylvania during the year of the scholarship. Or, he/she must be a recognized home schooled student as defined by the Department of Education in Pennsylvania.
- The applicant must have parent/guardian permission to participate.
- The applicant must be able to read music.
- The applicant must be available to attend all rehearsals unless absence is approved, in advance, by the director.
- The applicant must commit to performing in all concerts during that scholarship year.
- If the applicant is under the age of 18, the applicant’s parent/guardian must ensure that he/she supports the applicant’s participation and will further ensure that the applicant follows the eligibility requirements listed above. If necessary, the parent/guardian will provide transportation to and from rehearsals and concerts.
- Applications can be submitted at any time during the year prior to August 1 of the year the scholarship is to begin (e.g., applications for 2015-16 must be completed by August 1, 2015.
- The length of the scholarship follows a typical academic year from the beginning of September through the end of June the following calendar year.
- The application must completed and submitted by the deadline indicated on the form. Missing information may result in the application being denied.
- The application must be signed by the applicant and the parent/guardian.
- Once the application is submitted, it will be reviewed by the Voices of the Valley director, and prospective scholarship recipients will be contacted for an audition at a time that is mutually convenient. (Audition repertoire to be determined by the director.)
- Upon completion of the audition, the director will inform the successful candidates of their selection to the program.
- Decisions of the director are final.